The Partenopei captain has entered his last year of the current deal at the Stadio Diego Maradona and the two parties are struggling to reach an agreement.
Insigne said he doesn’t let the uncertain times disturb the performances at the start of the season, with Napoli currently first in Serie A.
“I want to focus on the pitch,” Insigne said at Festival dello Sport at Trento, according to Sky Sport Italia.
“I have a contract until 2022, even if it’s about to expire I just want to focus on the pitch. For the other situations, there’s my agent who speaks to the President. It’s not an easy matter.”
Italy’s run of 37 games unbeaten was ended by Spain at San Siro on Wednesday, when the Azzurri lost 2-1 to Luis Enrique’s men.
“The next day is always the same, we are sorry we didn’t win, but we can’t beat ourselves up,” Insigne added. “There’s another game in two days, against a strong team.
“We must keep the enthusiasm and continue with a smile. Even if you draw the game, you must be happy. We are working towards a great performance on Sunday.”
The 30-year-old’s existing deal in Naples is due to expire next June, meaning that, as it stands, he would be free to enter into discussions with foreign clubs at the turn of the year.
Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal are among a number of clubs said to be keeping a close eye on the developments surrounding the Italy international.
However, according to Calciomercato, Insigne, who has scored twice and registered three assists in nine appearances for the Blues this term, is now closer than ever to signing an extension with the Serie A giants.
The report claims that Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis met with the attacker’s agent last week and signalled that he is prepared to offer a deal worth €4m (£3.4m) per season plus bonuses.
De Laurentiis will allegedly again meet with Insigne’s representatives before the end of the month in the hope of reaching a conclusion.